Monday, July 14, 2008

Encaustic Workshops


Stripes Totem (detail)
encaustic by edie Morton

I am now teaching encaustic workshops in my studio in Atlanta. The first class was last Saturday and we all had big fun. The day flew by for all of us and students suggested I offer a 6 week session as well as the intro class. I am making plans for that in the future.

Beginners workshops cover the following topics and demonstrations: safty, making clear wax medium and mixing with color, preparing the surface , surface texture, incising, collage, Xerox transfers and stencils.


Contact me at ediemorton@earthlink.net to inquire about or register for upcoming workshops.


Saturday's class


















1 comment:

Missy said...

That's pretty cool.
I've never been good with art.
One day I'll take a pottery class or something.